Author Topic: The Race Forge  (Read 6502 times)

Glider⠠⠵

• Global Moderator
  • ⠠⠵
    • View Profile
Re: The Race Forge
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 04:52:38 PM »

-edited by ownz

I enjoy non-coders throwing out ideas. They sometimes provide ideas I as a coder wouldn't have come up with since my thinking is to bound to the constraints SourcePawn inflicts upon me and thinking outside of the box is hard.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:58:42 PM by Ownz »

Meta Nexus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »
I enjoy non-coders throwing out ideas. They sometimes provide ideas I as a coder wouldn't have come up with since my thinking is to bound to the constraints SourcePawn inflicts upon me and thinking outside of the box is hard.

That's what I do best! ;D
Box? What box? There was a box?...What's a box? :P

Well I'll admit that for the majority of the race ideas I put in here, I based them primarily on what I've already seen used in Warcraft mods, so there is SOME imaginative constraint going on on my side as well, but as I mentioned in my previous post, in some of my Race Idea topics on my clan forums, I threw caution to the wind and let my imagination flow freely for many races and skills. Trying to translate pre-existing characters into a Warcraft mod format (similar to those in this topic), or with completely new race ideas...some of which I still would like to see coded and functional some day.

Alas, I digress. Thanks for the moral support, Glider. ;)

I just got an idea for a new race by the way...I'll have to sort out the details in my head and toss them around on the clan forums before I submit it for actual coder perusal here.

HINT/Spoiler-

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 07:49:55 PM »
a race that allows you to take over other players's bodies?

wtf?

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »
its ok bro. i got enough class and masters applications to worry about, i dont intended to write too much over a school year. the most productive in writing war3source for me is right after finals when i can do a mind dump and have a clear mind for war3source again.

now be nice

« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:56:19 PM by Ownz »

Meta Nexus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 11:16:32 PM »
now be nice

Who, me? :o

a race that allows you to take over other players's bodies?

wtf?

Well I'm thinking hacking-oriented, sure, but focusing more on what the character of "The Laughing Man" actually did in the anime overall, rather than specifically on the cyber-brain hacking bits...which he didn't actually do often...the Major cyber-brain hacked a LOT more than The Laughing Man. :P

My initial thoughts for potential skills/abilities/ultimates are:

"Eye Hack"
-Grants temporary full invisibility, but severely restricts movement and disables weapon use for the duration

"Delayed Action Virus"
-Targets the enemy player with the most kills and forces them to switch teams for several seconds before returning them to their starting team

"Anonymity"
-Chance to spawn with enemy skin (disguise)

"Remote Dummy" {I know that the Major used this one and The Laughing Man didn't, but meh}
-By operating a fake body remotely, the user escapes death (respawn)

"Cyber-Brain Hack"
-Hack into your enemy and shut them down (Freeze for a few seconds)

Those are just some initial thoughts I had after going back and watching a few episodes as of about two hours ago to now. I'll shuffle it into that race idea format I outlined in my opening post sometime later on and post the finished idea at that time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:33:43 PM by Meta Nexus »

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
are you kidding me?  the m,ajor hacked into peoples brains to see what they were thinking, but the laughing man controlled people through his hacks.  and he controlled a TON of people

Meta Nexus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »
are you kidding me?  the m,ajor hacked into peoples brains to see what they were thinking, but the laughing man controlled people through his hacks.  and he controlled a TON of people

Well if you count the number of people that the actual Laughing Man (Aoi) brain-hacked and physically controlled, you've got...Serano...and the lady running the "orphanage" he was laying low in (I count that one because he STOPPED her from messing with Togusa)...that cop at the conference...and that bellhop dude in the hotel. The rest were either brain-hacked by copy cats, or he was hacking them for some other purpose (the VAST majority of what Aoi did was Eye Hacking and computer/AI hacking to hide himself). At least in the anime this is true, I never read the mangas (I don't read mangas actually) so I'm not sure about if/how that would differ comparatively.

I'd have to go back through and count the number of times Motoko Brain Hacks people, but I feel like she did it more often...she did Eye Hacks nearly as much as Aoi, since she did the same kidnapping stunt Aoi pulled before. Hm...come to think of it, her Brain Hack total might be skewed because of the movies and 2nd Gig...I don't recall how many people she Brain Hacks in the first season by itself...possibly 0! :P
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:33:56 PM by Meta Nexus »