Author Topic: Succubus Hunter Totem Incantation on deathmatch  (Read 2154 times)

.:.FK.:.DiGGaBoON.:.

• View Profile
Succubus Hunter Totem Incantation on deathmatch
« on: September 20, 2011, 02:45:21 PM »
It looks similar to the human health buff on deathmatch, it simply doesn't work.

Totem Incantation gives 1-2HP, 25-50$ or credits and 1-5XP on spawn for each skull collected.
On deathmatch servers the $ and XP bonus work, but the HP are not given to the player, although it says so in the chat ([Totem Incanation] You gained 16 HP, 400 dollars and 25 XP.)

And I found out that the bonuses are only given on a "death respawn" but not on "new round respawn" so if a player survives a round on non-deathmatch(or deathmatch) he does not get any of the bonuses on the next round.

I can add a replay if you need one.

(edit: btw, does "credits" mean the gold to buy items with? if yes, how to change from given $ to credits?)
(edit2: is there a maximum cap for bonus XP per skull? My example above shows 8 skulls => 16HP, 400$, but only 25XP => 5 skulls, maybe another bug?)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:28:34 PM by .:.FK.:.DiGGaBoON.:. »

Vulpone

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Succubus Hunter Totem Incantation on deathmatch
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 03:10:56 AM »
It looks similar to the human health buff on deathmatch, it simply doesn't work.

Totem Incantation gives 1-2HP, 25-50$ or credits and 1-5XP on spawn for each skull collected.
On deathmatch servers the $ and XP bonus work, but the HP are not given to the player, although it says so in the chat ([Totem Incanation] You gained 16 HP, 400 dollars and 25 XP.)

And I found out that the bonuses are only given on a "death respawn" but not on "new round respawn" so if a player survives a round on non-deathmatch(or deathmatch) he does not get any of the bonuses on the next round.

I can add a replay if you need one.

(edit: btw, does "credits" mean the gold to buy items with? if yes, how to change from given $ to credits?)
(edit2: is there a maximum cap for bonus XP per skull? My example above shows 8 skulls => 16HP, 400$, but only 25XP => 5 skulls, maybe another bug?)

As far as I know w3s was not designed to be compatible with deathmatch. I believe it was originally made for regular gameplay.

soo...
Code: [Select]
new skilllevelheadhunter = War3_GetSkillLevel(attacker,race,SKILL_HEADHUNTER);

if (skulls[client]<(5*skilllevelheadhunter))
{
skulls[client]++;
War3_ChatMessage(client,"You gained a SKULL [%d/%d].",skulls[client],(5*skilllevelheadhunter));
}

is the max. amount of skulls the hunter can carry. So, basically, with a 4*4 skills race, 5*4 = 20. So 20 should be max skulls.

About the HP:
The additional HP is set in OnWar3EventSpawn, which is known to trigger a little irrational (as I see it)..
My best guess is that it somehow interferes with the Deathmatch.. but since $ and xp work, I'm a little beat. Nothing wrong with the succubus hunter I know and play with.. ;o

Are you using the packaged one or have you edited it?
Sapere aude!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 05:16:11 AM »
I'm using the packaged one.

Max skulls are 5/10/15/20, I think. Thats not the point.
I have 8 skulls and the skill on lvl4, so i get 8*2=16HP, 8*50=400$ and 8*5=25(??)XP. Either the skill description (1-2HP, 25-50$, 1-5XP per skull) is wrong or it's capped at 25XP.

I know that w3s was originally designed for normal gameplay, but since there are additions and fixes for deathmatch I thought this could be fixed aswell, like the human health buff some time ago.

Vulpone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 06:38:29 AM »
I'm using the packaged one.

Max skulls are 5/10/15/20, I think. Thats not the point.
I have 8 skulls and the skill on lvl4, so i get 8*2=16HP, 8*50=400$ and 8*5=25(??)XP. Either the skill description (1-2HP, 25-50$, 1-5XP per skull) is wrong or it's capped at 25XP.

I know that w3s was originally designed for normal gameplay, but since there are additions and fixes for deathmatch I thought this could be fixed aswell, like the human health buff some time ago.

Must have overlooked your question related to xp, my apologies.

Well, then.
new kill_XP = W3GetKillXP(War3_GetLevel(client,thisRaceID));
if (xp > kill_XP)
xp = kill_XP;

That might be what you're looking for.

/**
 * Gets the kill XP for a player depending on his level
 * @param client: Client index
 */
native W3GetKillXP(level);

Basically, if the XP you are supposed to get (in your case, 40 (8*5)) supersede the kill XP, the code stops the process and limits it to Kill XP.

So yes, it is capped. But the cap depends on your level.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers
Sapere aude!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 09:49:56 AM »
That would explain the XP issue, thx.

Then there remains the other question what the "credits" in "25-50$ or credits" mean and how to switch from $ to credits, I can't find any cvar for that.

And most important and why I originally started this thread:
-the bug with the not working bonus HP on deathmatch and
-the bug that the player needs to be killed to get any bonus on respawn (either deathmatch and non-deathmatch), it doesn't work when the player respawns in the next round after surviving the previous one.
I hope it can be fixed like the human HP buff for deathmatch.

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 01:42:58 PM »
does the human hp buff work? this is css right?

csdm may set the players hp again right after spawn with delay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 12:40:25 PM »
Yep, it's CSS. The Human Buff works without problems, since you fixed it some releases ago =) The csdm spawn protection is disabled, so there is no (at least no visible) re-set of the HP. Each player directly spawns with 100HP, or more if human.

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
see if the new version works

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 08:57:45 AM »
Sorry, took me a few days.

The bug still occurs in the new version.
It says "[Totem Incanation] You gained 40 HP, 1000 dollars and 25 XP." (20 skulls) at each respawn but there are no HP given.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 08:13:26 AM »
Sorry for digging this old thread out but it's only half fixed.

The HP Buff is fixed and works correctly.
But there are no $ or credits and no XP given.
There is no chat message with "[Totem Incanation] You gained ...".

game CSS with and without CSDM, tested with the latest svn.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 08:41:56 AM by .:.FK.:.DiGGaBoON.:. »