Author Topic: Anyone interested in this?  (Read 7873 times)

Scyther

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone interested in this?
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:28:37 PM »
I have like 40+ heroes but they're not updated with the newest version, if anyone wants to run a SH server post here and ill update the heroes and release them

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
Re: Anyone interested in this?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 08:56:36 PM »
why not post them in the first place?

Scyther

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 11:54:57 PM »
Cause they're not updated and I don't want to update them if no one will use them.. waste of my time

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 01:14:53 AM »
then post them with a note saying there will be no continued support, then someone else can pick it up

dakilla

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »
let me know if your still looking for someone to run a server

Scyther

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 01:04:40 AM »
Yeah I am, PM me or add me on steam "Scytherx3"

Krillin

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 07:24:23 PM »
Scyther,

<Original Post Removed by poster voluntarily>

I am sorry I made this post ragging on you, but you did leave us dangling on a string by arranging times to meet on steam and then left me hanging. But I am going to man up and admit I should not have ragged on you. You got to understand it from my point of view. I run a company that is always on-call 24/7/365 and I cannot be left dangling in the dark.

When you say you are going to do something, DO IT! Stick to your word because your word is all you have here on the internet. I understand the importance of education and it must come first, but NEVER neglect your previous obligations. Leaving me and my community hanging for almost 2 hours, and ignoring all contact weather PM or on Steam with a NO SHOW and NO WORD is not a good way to get things moving in the right direction.

I am not sure if my community will be interested in doing this now anyhow. I had a large crew ready to tackle this for you. I was willing to contribute to the development of this as a single mod as there is a great demand for it. But if you cannot be reached or willing to communicate then it is NOT going to fly!

Sincerely,
Krillin
Serving CS Players since 2001.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 12:47:00 PM by Krillin »

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 07:38:36 PM »
why can't you compile from svn?

Vulpone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 03:27:40 AM »
krillin:

While your post may have been a delight to read - mostly due to your use of English -, it shames you more than it does him.

From our position, all we see is you attacking him. Period. You and your team (or whatever, you always use the plural form) have lost more respect in my eyes than Scyther has.

Deal with your personal issues in a private message. Keep your narcissistic and obviously sarcastic suggestions to yourself. You have contributed nothing so far and even though I don't really like most of his posts either, it doesn't give you the right to attack him.

how about learning to do shit yourself and you'd never have to worry about people messing up?
Sapere aude!

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 03:59:28 AM »
chill on the language please

la muerte

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 07:52:48 AM »
In my opinion if you rly love SH, you'd consider hosting a 1.6 or a CZ server. If that ain't appropriate for your community/ ... then I gues you'll have to make a decision.
If only for that beautifull Golden AK! (which is, sadly, one of these hero powers that technically cannot be ported to CS:S and CS:GO)

I gues what Krillin means is that when you make a deal you have to stick to it.
And if you are bald enough to change the deal you at least should apologise and give some sort of notice.
Depending on someone is always something heh?

In 2007 I first contacted the authors of SH:S willing to provide them servers etc to test on, as they couldn't pay for their own test server anymore.
Then few years later their cheap .info site went down and Ownz decided to take them in here, with new means to an end by combining it partly with W3S.
I gues that the project is now at hands of Scyther and other volunteers.

If only the engine had serverside first person skins, this SH project might have been more interesting and more worthwhile for coders to spend their time on.
In the 5 years that have passed, this project has never even reached into beta stage.

Scyther

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »
@Krillin I told you I had school and that it would come first above any of this. It not like you paid me or anything either I offered to send you what I said when I was ready for free. I am sorry that I took so long but I did not promise anything or tell you to tell your community and get their hopes up. @ la yeah, your right it's a shame there's no skins but I did end up with a bunch of heroes and features working and a server that did okay (just no time anymore)

So yeah, school > cs:s and I warned you about that. I am finally free this week but if your acting like this I'm sorry but I'm not going to give you anything, contact me on steam if you want to try and be reasonable.

Krillin

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 12:52:48 PM »
@Krillin I told you I had school and that it would come first above any of this. It not like you paid me or anything either I offered to send you what I said when I was ready for free. I am sorry that I took so long but I did not promise anything or tell you to tell your community and get their hopes up.
Not my loss, I just offered my resources and talents...
In my opinion if you rly love SH, you'd consider hosting a 1.6 or a CZ server. If that ain't appropriate for your community/ ... then I gues you'll have to make a decision.
If only for that beautifull Golden AK! (which is, sadly, one of these hero powers that technically cannot be ported to CS:S and CS:GO)

I gues what Krillin means is that when you make a deal you have to stick to it.
And if you are bald enough to change the deal you at least should apologise and give some sort of notice.
Depending on someone is always something heh?

In 2007 I first contacted the authors of SH:S willing to provide them servers etc to test on, as they couldn't pay for their own test server anymore.
Then few years later their cheap .info site went down and Ownz decided to take them in here, with new means to an end by combining it partly with W3S.
I gues that the project is now at hands of Scyther and other volunteers.

If only the engine had serverside first person skins, this SH project might have been more interesting and more worthwhile for coders to spend their time on.
In the 5 years that have passed, this project has never even reached into beta stage.
Already do and not busy enough to keep them running anymore. I want to contribute to something bigger and better. Nothing wrong with that!

@ EVERYONE ELSE. Thanks for the criticism. Sometimes I let the anger and frustration get the best of me.

Sincerely,
Krillin

Krillin

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »
Scyther,

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt but you proved that to be impossible. I am no longer interested in your "project" or your childish games. I am only going to say this once. Especially after seeing this message on steam friends 46 minutes after it was sent to me after working two days on the CS:GO server.

Quote from: Scyther
"Scyther: Not my loss, I just offered my resources and talents... Talents of what? Bitching about me on the forums? Good job mate."

If you call that talents based on your behavior then everyone is in trouble. Resources? What.. You can type? Whoopee!! If you call making truthful statements about your false promises and avoidance, then I can except your "interpretation".

I suggest you get updated on the post ASAP above. (it was edited the other day, regretting it now). It is your loss because you do not know my resources or my talents. You think you do, but you are totally clueless about my abilities, my education level, my computer business, etc, etc. Know your facts before you speak or come off looking like an a$$. So I will spell it for you one last time.

NO LONGER INTERESTED

Make a note of it and leave me alone. When I grew up I put away childish things. My suggestion to you is to do just that...

Respectfully,
Krillin
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:57:15 PM by Krillin »