Author Topic: MISS exploit  (Read 1744 times)

Monkeys

• View Profile
MISS exploit
« on: July 28, 2011, 09:25:21 PM »
Hi, I've been trying to figure out what I believe is an exploit.

It's happening on the Simiancage servers, who run the latest version.

Because I'll feel silly for paraphrasing everything I already wrote on their forum, I'll just link to the topic there.

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
Re: MISS exploit
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 09:41:27 PM »
requires login

Monkeys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:52:15 PM »
I'm sorry, my bad.
Quoted:
Quote from: Monkeys;74908
There seems to be a glitch allowing Corrupted Disciples to "Miss" all damage incoming.
Solex85 did it twice, but wouldn't tell me how.

I'm not sure exactly what's going on, so here's me trying to explain it :)

I was a Human Alliance Heavy(lv10), he was a Corrupted Disciple Heavy (lv9), we were both spun up, he had Minigun, I had a Brass Beast.
Every single hit showed up as a MISS, but I did get mask's heal.
Meaning it was quite a long spray (lots of healing from that mask).
Not a single hit registered, so ofcourse he in the end killed me, and he had overhealed HP.

I'm not sure if it's an actual exploit, or if he's playing a new race that simply doesn't show up as itself in the list.
I did notice him gaining 60 levels total overnight, so new races could be what it was. But then again, they don't show up.

Greets.
Quote from: Monkeys;74986
An update, from about 15 minutes ago:
Here's a recording of me going at him. Same situation as before, this time however he only has about 50% MISSes, so I'm guessing he's stacking some skills that shouldn't be there anymore.
The fight begins at 1:37 (tick 6500).
The only reason I won was because I outlasted him. Hardly, though. I had 2 medics, the mask life steal and claw's damage boost, yet still the fight went on long enough for me to empty an entire clip.

Some other things to note are: He didn't have the MISS'es the first time we fought (right at gate open [ 1:00 (tick 4000)]). He never changed race. He only bought two items before the second fight(presumably claw and mask).
At 4:50 (tick 19000), I start viewing the menus for his race and skillpoint allocations, a bit later I also show the info of Corrupted Disciple in detail, but that should be known to you already ;p

This is a recording of me asking him how he did it and one more example of him MISSing, versus a Pyro me. His response was "race", like before, after which I crashed... I'm guessing that's unrelated, though. :D

So if this helps you figure things out/patch out this glitch, I'd be grateful.

I know another glitch aswell, but that race is offlimits right now anyway and is already wellmentioned all around but never got patched out, so I'm guessing it's quite hard to patch out?

Glider⠠⠵

• Global Moderator
  • ⠠⠵
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 08:59:20 AM »
I've encountered this in TF2 before! Corrupted Disclipe somehow sometimes goes 100% evasive for 10 seconds or something like that. Saw it many times trying to flame them as Pyro.

Monkeys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 10:26:12 AM »
And just incase you're confused, the Voodoo invulnerability thing is from Shadow Hunter, not Corrupted Disciple ;)

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 02:56:38 PM »
guys, read the skill description. corrupted conduit reduces enemy damage, possibly down to zero. CD is not evading, the attacker's damage is just zero.

Monkeys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 09:34:06 AM »
Is it simply true damage reduction (instead of relative)?
Because then I see why it's so OP :p

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 09:47:14 AM »
CD is designed to win 1v1

wut u mean relative true?

Monkeys

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 02:52:08 PM »
Well, relative reduction is for example 40% less damage. True reduction is 5 damage less.

And it was 1v3 :p Me and 2 medics.