Author Topic: Whats next?  (Read 3451 times)

Anthony Iacono

• Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Lets make it better.
    • MSN Messenger - anthonyiacono@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
    • Email
Whats next?
« on: January 08, 2011, 05:15:57 PM »
Hey everyone,

Ownz is awesome. We know this. On a day to day basis he provides support and additions to our plugin. Without him, you would have never seen the live stats! He has made the API even EASIER to use and even MORE FLEXIBLE (and believe me, the API started easy to use, I made it extremely flexible)
Either way, I'd love to add a big feature. It has been a while since I made any modifications, but if there is ANYTHING that you guys feel NEEDS TO BE ADDED, the more complex the better. I'd love to take some stress off Ownz. Especially since he doesn't usually make C++ contributions, and I'd be more than happy to make an extension if need be.
Input on this ASAP. I want to reward my community for it's loyalty, and Ownz for his incredible-ness.</terrible grammar, spelling, and sentence syntax>

Regards,
Anthony
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:21:08 PM by Anthony Iacono »

zero

• View Profile
    • IBIS Gaming
    • Email
Re: Whats next?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 06:18:22 PM »
Something complex that would be nice, how about this:

A way to prevent players from ever spawning inside of something so they can not get stuck. The program should detect if there is enough space to spawn the player and move the location slightly if needed to prevent them from being stuck. If there is not enough space to spawn the player safely such as if a vent was targeted then it falls back to just spawn them at spawn. This would be very useful for races that respawn or teleport players back to locations that sometimes result in them being stuck.

Frenzzy

• ICQ Messenger - 337905984
    • MSN Messenger - frenzzy@live.ru
    • View Profile
    • http://css.vsevnet.ru/
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 06:19:12 PM »
Hello!

I would like to have War3Source was more flexible system of weapon restriction. I would be happy if you could rewrite it. To make it as flexible as possible, requires programmer skill and a lot of code :)
In the current weapon restrict system is not enough for example:
- Opportunities to restrict weapons: c4, defuser, nvgs, vest, vesthelm, ect.
- Opportunities to restrict only 1, 2, 3 .. weapons.
- Opportunities to remove restricted weapons at the player (drop or remove).
- Not allowed to buy restricted weapons (buy, rebuy, autobuy). For example, to knife races not to litter weapons on spawn and do not spend money to buy such weapons.
- And other features. You can see for example this plugin, there are many useful: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=105219

In PlayerDeathWeapons missing cache: defuser, nvgs, vest, vesthelm, ect.

If you want to do something more complicated, then please add an API, through which we could in our races using gravity gun from HL2 with our settings =)

And please, get acquainted with this section :)
http://war3source.com/index.php?board=15.0
O_o

[Oddity]TeacherCreature

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 11:13:41 AM »
Some of those changes are luike 3 second changes frenzy...

I have some ideas anthony

How about instituting a MANA system for spells skilsl abilities etc. with a variable for mana regen rates

How about totally categorizing shopmenu items

How about a complete seperate system of currency collection with a PERMANENT shopmenu with slots, so someone can play a month save up 50,000 [currency] for a helmet that reduces heaad shot dmg 10% always.... this way server owners can sell this currency and make money! (My wow server has this and makes 500 times more $ in paypal then War3 - yet war3 is more popular)

How about adding different RACE TREES. so instead of only restricting races based on level requirements we can add a RACE category such as elf orc human or undead... This way you could be total level 300 in ORCS but only total level 200 in HUMANS and each TREE of races would provide different available races....
-Also would allow us to make all skills target or affect dif races differently, so my Holy Light skill could not only heal but use as a weapon against players using undead races. etc etc

How about keeping track of buffs better and includign more so that the buff system while revamped could print out current buffs in a playerinfo page, plus adding a negative ro positive buff set up so that things liek dispel could only target negative or postiive... also allowing a priority system to let other races affect teh buffs of the original race without losing track of the original race buffs , for temproray modification.

Glider⠠⠵

• Global Moderator
  • ⠠⠵
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 06:59:35 PM »
If you want to do something more complicated, then please add an API, through which we could in our races using gravity gun from HL2 with our settings =)

SM: Grabber If you look through the thread you'll find that Naris wrote a handy include to use in your race.

How about instituting a MANA system for spells skilsl abilities etc. with a variable for mana regen rates

Not sure if want... On the one side I enjoy everything just having a cooldown and it being simple. On the other hand mana allows for some interesting stuff like mana burn etc. Problem is when I think about this system I always think about the energy system of SourceCraft - and that got raped in the ass. Races that are able to give out energy to other players resulting in players saving up thousands of points and then spamming skills. I guess with enough tweaking this could work (max mana per race, mana regeneration, still having cooldown on skills...). I guess I second the request.

How about totally categorizing shopmenu items
+1. This I want the most.
How about adding different RACE TREES. so instead of only restricting races based on level requirements we can add a RACE category such as elf orc human or undead... This way you could be total level 300 in ORCS but only total level 200 in HUMANS and each TREE of races would provide different available races....
-Also would allow us to make all skills target or affect dif races differently, so my Holy Light skill could not only heal but use as a weapon against players using undead races. etc etc

So categorizing races ;D? +1 I guess. The example you mentioned with Holy Light is a good one, might allow for some cool racial interactions.

[Oddity]TeacherCreature

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 09:36:22 AM »
Yes in terms of difficult challenges the shop categories are the easiest,

The mana system your referring to in sourcecraft jsut sounds broken to me or poorly coded (I will admit I am not familiar with that though)
Mana system should have a max and regen etc, things like mana burn and mana flare become cool, and instead of cooldown it allows for total spells per round, also allows for items that provide extra mana or skills relating to mana and regen as well./

Teh race category was for more race integration I am not super sure if this is a good idea or bad but thought it was worth some investigation,

I still think the permanent shopmenu that lasts forever based on a seperate currency is the most important... You could say provide 1 credit to a person per kill and sell a small item for 50,000 credits. This would allow players to have more long term goals since any busy server gets players that max out races FAST, and it would also allow server owners to say charge $1, per 1000 credits or something like that, sot hat they can raise money for the hardship of server ownership.

I do something liek this on another server and it is awesome!

Schmarotzer

• Ich schmarotze dich!
    • ICQ Messenger - 258631507
    • View Profile
    • Russian Fan-Site for german folk-rock-metal band Schandmaul
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 02:57:28 AM »
yes, race catagories and shopmenu catagories is good idea!
This I want too )))

and more races-flags, like knife-race, etc.
or something, that simplify items restriction of specific races, etc
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:03:57 AM by Schmarotzer »
Welcome to my server

Schmarotzer

• Ich schmarotze dich!
    • ICQ Messenger - 258631507
    • View Profile
    • Russian Fan-Site for german folk-rock-metal band Schandmaul
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 03:26:05 PM »
Whats next? ;D
Welcome to my server