Author Topic: Race Submission?  (Read 5551 times)

sniperfodder

• 1 bullet, 1 chance, 1 shot. Don't miss!
    • View Profile
    • End of Evolution
    • Email
Race Submission?
« on: December 21, 2009, 05:25:39 AM »
Out of curiosity, Since War3: Source is intended to be cross compatible with TF2, and CS:S servers, am i allowed to submit a race that has 1 set of skills for CS:S and another for TF2, and still receive approval?

My Primary target audience for Races is CS:S and therefore some of the skills might not be compatible with TF2. I wouldn't mind building my races so that the plugin understands to load a different set of skills if the server is TF2.
Fairy tales are important, not in that we can slay dragons, but that dragons can exist.

stinkyfax

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Race Submission?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 07:30:43 AM »
Out of curiosity, Since War3: Source is intended to be cross compatible with TF2, and CS:S servers, am i allowed to submit a race that has 1 set of skills for CS:S and another for TF2, and still receive approval?

My Primary target audience for Races is CS:S and therefore some of the skills might not be compatible with TF2. I wouldn't mind building my races so that the plugin understands to load a different set of skills if the server is TF2.
I'm sure you're allowed for this as long as race ideas stay the same and compatible skills stay same, probably just adjusted parameters. P.S. wait for official respond )

sniperfodder

• View Profile
    • End of Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:44:10 AM »
Sweet, another question...

What if the Race I want to create (i.e. Grenadier) can not work in TF2 since there really aren't any grenades? Will the race be approved, but only for CS:S? Grenadier is a valid race, it just doesn't work in the premise of TF2...
Fairy tales are important, not in that we can slay dragons, but that dragons can exist.

DisturbeD

• Me fail English? That’s unpossible.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 09:12:58 AM »
Yeah and in TF2 you can do muuuch stuff which you cant do in CSS as well... Id split the race section into Css, TF2 and Allround stuff!  ;)

Naris

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 04:14:43 PM »
Sweet, another question...

What if the Race I want to create (i.e. Grenadier) can not work in TF2 since there really aren't any grenades? Will the race be approved, but only for CS:S? Grenadier is a valid race, it just doesn't work in the premise of TF2...

Demomen have grenades in TF2.

Then there is this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=676309

DisturbeD

• Me fail English? That’s unpossible.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 04:43:10 PM »
Think he meant that you cant create races with features 1 game doesnt have!
So there will be races which cant be used in TF2 (e.g. with hegrenades or flashbangs, dunno c4 bombs?)
and races which cant be used in Css (e.g. with sentry skills or other class skills)

Additionally many coders wont want to code their races for both games if they dont play it...

=> split the section  ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 04:46:41 PM by DisturbeD »

Naris

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 09:24:40 PM »
You can have grenades in TF2. I use them in our servers @ jigglysfunhouse.net
All you need to do is use the ztf2nades plugin.

However, sentries in CSS aren't quite possible just yet...

sniperfodder

• View Profile
    • End of Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 02:22:56 AM »
You can have grenades in TF2. I use them in our servers @ jigglysfunhouse.net
All you need to do is use the ztf2nades plugin.

However, sentries in CSS aren't quite possible just yet...

Hrm. your point is valid, however I would have to code my race to have that as a dependency if the server was TF2. I'd also have to download that plugin and play around with it for awhile to see how I would incorporate it.

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 12:51:57 PM »
a race can have extremely separate abilities in the two different games

if you only can code for one game thats fine too, just specify that it only works with one game

Naris

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 02:32:59 PM »
I'd also have to download that plugin and play around with it for awhile to see how I would incorporate it.

Here is the version I use. I added a native interface to allow giving nades to specific players, support for DoD and other mods and some extra nade types.

You will also need L.Dukes nade models and materials in the tf2nades_1.0.0.7.zip file form the thread in the sourcemod forums. http://forums.alliedmods.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=30802&d=1219955590
 It's too big to post here :(
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 02:38:18 PM by Naris »