Author Topic: MASSIVE public release of war3source content - SSG closure  (Read 2061 times)

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
MASSIVE public release of war3source content - SSG closure
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:02:30 PM »
After many years of great times, sevensinsgaming is closing down.  In the course of running Australia's most popular war3source CS:S server, we created a LOT of custom content, as well as doing a lot of work to fix up content from others.

With the closure of our servers and community, I am in the process of packaging up all our custom content to release it publicly on these forums.  This includes a lot of new races, as well as a bunch of custom plugins and versions of other people's races that we've fixed up.  The majority of our content was specifically for CS:S, although a lot was tested on CS:GO, and some on TF2.

I am aware that a lot of the content we will release is based off (or is in it's entirety) other people's work.  I don't intend on taking credit for what isn't our work.  If I release a race that is yours, and is either not attributed properly, or you don't want released, then please contact me and I'll remove it / update the credits properly.

Finally, the content we release will come with NO SUPPORT AT ALL.  You will need to be able to compile it yourself, and use it yourself.  ANY direct request to me for help will be ignored.  The community may choose to provide support.

You can access it all here:

https://bitbucket.org/RemyLebeau/war3source-public-custom-content
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:29:11 PM by Remy Lebeau »

Kibbles

• View Profile
Re: MASSIVE public release of war3source content - SSG closure
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 07:11:54 PM »
I'll quickly add two things:
  • For private races which were created by myself or ABGar, contact Remy regardless. That way, we won't make mistakes in March about which races have or have not been claimed
  • If you need support maintaining our races, feel free to get in touch with me. I'm happy to do minor upkeep, but major changes will involve a small fee for my time

*edit*
When I say minor upkeep, I mean actual bugs. If you want help tweaking races or setting up a server, feel free to get in touch but I only have so much free time.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 07:31:40 PM by Kibbles »

Revan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:57:12 PM »
Oh that are some sad news. How many years did the CS:S server run for? I think it should be around atleast 6 years or something like that. Very great work!
Maybe your content release will once again light a fire in the War3Source community.

By the way, happy new year!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 01:03:50 PM by Revan »
#war3source on gamesurge

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 10:51:58 PM »
Oh that are some sad news. How many years did the CS:S server run for? I think it should be around atleast 6 years or something like that. Very great work!
Maybe your content release will once again light a fire in the War3Source community.

By the way, happy new year!

I think it was around the 6 year mark!  I don't know whether w3s will come back to any sort of real strength, as neither CS:GO nor TF2 seem to work quite so well with it...   Then again, I've said that every time since CS 1.5, and here I am, 15 years later still mucking around with warcraft themed CS :D

DustinH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 02:22:24 PM »
Wow! I hadn't played on your servers sadly :( Ive started my own project of making the mod more MOBA ish, will be interested in seeing what you guys have done over the years and integrating it in!

El Diablo

• View Profile
    • War3Evo
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 08:06:40 PM »
Wow.. yeah.  It sucks.  All good things come to an end someday.

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 10:29:30 PM »
Custom content released.  Details in OP.

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 05:38:00 PM »
Sound files have been added to the repo (at least most of them should be there now).

I haven't sorted through them, it's just a dump, so there may be repeats of core files in there.

Ben

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 02:18:56 AM »
thanks Remy