Author Topic: Removing level max  (Read 855 times)

saintjake

• View Profile
Removing level max
« on: December 26, 2016, 02:26:54 PM »
Hi all,

I have searched far and low through forums and the games files themselves. I remember in the CSS WCS days, you could continue to gain xp and levels after you had maxed your skills. It was a kind of cool way of people showing how much they played a race, ie having a level 400 human.

I cannot seem to find an easy way to replicate this in War3Source on CS:GO? Does anyone have any ideas/solutions?

Appreciate it

Revan

• View Profile
Re: Removing level max
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 06:44:48 PM »
Unfortunately, that's not easily possible. Every War3Source race has a pre-defined set of per-level-variables that define how strong a skill is at a given level. If you would remove the max level the race would run out of pre-defined variables.

If this is just for statistical purposes, one option would be to allow some kind of synthetic leveling that is just for display purposes or something like that. It's not trivial to implement, sadly.
#war3source on gamesurge

saintjake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 09:08:08 PM »
Unfortunately, that's not easily possible. Every War3Source race has a pre-defined set of per-level-variables that define how strong a skill is at a given level. If you would remove the max level the race would run out of pre-defined variables.

If this is just for statistical purposes, one option would be to allow some kind of synthetic leveling that is just for display purposes or something like that. It's not trivial to implement, sadly.

I thought that might be the case unfortunately, one idea I had was to make a 5th skill called stats which has 1000 lvls attached to it, however whenever I leveled up past 16, it jumped straight to level 1000.

Would another idea be so that it just checks the level and if it is >=4 if would set it at the value for the max level. I'm not too sure how to code that one unfortunately or if it would even work.

When you say synthetic leveling, do you mind elaborating.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 11:32:43 PM by saintjake »

Revan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 07:30:17 PM »
When you say synthetic leveling, do you mind elaborating.
That exactly is what your second idea is, excuse my bad naming.
The problem is that even with that every race has to be modified to accommodate for that.

Now that I think about it, another idea might be to just give the player levels without giving him the possibility of spendings the skillpoints.
Let's say our player maxes undead at level 16. Every level he gets past that will increase the level counter and give him skill points but he won't be able to spend them - which won't matter as the levels are just for "showing off".
This way it shouldn't be too hard to implement that feature although I haven't looked at that part of code in a long time.
#war3source on gamesurge

saintjake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 08:20:10 PM »
Let's say our player maxes undead at level 16. Every level he gets past that will increase the level counter and give him skill points but he won't be able to spend them - which won't matter as the levels are just for "showing off".
This way it shouldn't be too hard to implement that feature although I haven't looked at that part of code in a long time.

Would that be done via editing #define MAXLEVELXPDEFINED  to say 100, the adding the required xp in the war3source.ini file?

Revan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 04:58:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure it requires modification to the code in order to work properly.
#war3source on gamesurge

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 10:53:55 PM »
Not to mention that if you had unspenadable skill points, you would have to work out a way to NOT pop up the spend skill points window everytime you spawn :D