Author Topic: HumanAlliance  (Read 593 times)

Jumpman

• View Profile
HumanAlliance
« on: June 09, 2016, 02:01:00 PM »
I try to change Teleport on this race but it not working

new Float:TeleportDistance[9]={0.0,600.0,700.0,850.0,1000.0,1100.0,1200.0,1300.0,1400.0};

Something im missing here ?
[+35]Jumpman

iceman

• View Profile
Re: HumanAlliance
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 03:44:51 PM »
Doesn't the human alliance have only 4 levels on teleport?

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 04:15:57 PM »
Doesn't the human alliance have only 4 levels on teleport?
Yes it have only 4 levels default, i just try to find out if its possible to change the distance on the race
[+35]Jumpman

El Diablo

• View Profile
    • War3Evo
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 06:34:48 PM »
No offense to Ownz, but your going to have to mess with that genetic skill stuff that I personally understand and hate at the same time.

https://github.com/War3Source/War3Source/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/War3Source_002_HumanAlliance.sp#L94-98

Since many races used teleport, he create a "generic" code that all races could call and not have to repeat the code for each race.  In my version of war3source, I created a teleport engine to handle it much better.

So he had more advance train of thought rather than ease of use for everyone.  And very smart, but a headache too.

War3Evo's code is built with the concept of all unique races than races that have similar skills and many of them.  War3Source original seems to support having many races that have similar skills.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:09:13 AM by El Diablo »

abgar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 11:52:17 PM »
Yep - you'd either have to change the Generic Skill settings, or change the way it's implemented in Human to NOT use the generic settings, and instead use the teleport as it's own skill.

Just remember though, that ANY changes you make to any default races are going to be over-ridden if you ever update your War3 version on your server.  Honestly, it's better to leave the standard races as they are.

iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 02:21:21 PM »
There was a cvar for teleport distance many versions ago.

El Diablo

• View Profile
    • War3Evo
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 07:57:28 PM »
There was a cvar for teleport distance many versions ago.

The only cvar I could find in the history seems to be a cooldown cvar for teleport.

Necavi created a Engine for text file configurations, but I don't think any races are using them or have been updated to use them.

https://github.com/War3Source/War3Source/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/War3Source_Engine_Config.sp

That race would have to be converted to use the Engine Config and I am not entirely sure if the Engine Config is working correctly as I have not tested it.

I'll probably begin to use Necavi's Engine Config in the future soon.  I plan to create 2 private forwards for races that would use it, and in the forwards allow each race to handle some of the save / load process of the configuration file.  A forward that triggers when the War3Source Engine is saving stuff, and a trigger for when it is loading from the configuration file.. The load would contain: race short name, and Handle to transverse the KV handle.

Will also probably add a server command to reload a specific race's configuration (which would trigger that race's load forward).  Would also include a server command to reload all races' configurations.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 08:05:15 PM by El Diablo »