Author Topic: Failed to create decoder for MP3  (Read 2446 times)

Jumpman

• View Profile
Failed to create decoder for MP3
« on: June 05, 2016, 02:43:11 PM »
I got a spam problem in my console when change race to LaraCroft

When i change race to LaraCroft it count down to "Distraction is ready" and then it start to spam my console with

Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ war3source\ult_ready.mp3 ]

The sound is on my server is in sound/war3source/ult_ready.mp3 and same folder is on my fasturl, sounds is downloade first time i join my server that i can see in my E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\sound\war3source folder. So i dont have problem with my fasturl working fine.

I only got this problem when change to LaraCroft and the only sounds in War3Source_999_LaraCroft.sp is war3source/entanglingrootsdecay1.mp3

I cant find out why this sound spam my console when i change race to LaraCroft hope someone here can help me with this problem ?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 03:15:52 PM by Jumpman »
[+35]Jumpman

Jumpman

• View Profile
Re: Failed to create decoder for MP3
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 03:01:40 AM »
No one has a solution to this problem ?
[+35]Jumpman

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 03:23:26 AM »
Hmm found out this problem come on some more races when counting down to ultimate then spam start
[+35]Jumpman

El Diablo

• View Profile
    • War3Evo
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 04:20:31 AM »
Did you actually try to download that file using a web browser?

Sometimes you can see files, yet are still not  downloadable by others due to file permissions.

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 04:50:32 AM »
Did you actually try to download that file using a web browser?
Yes working fine with a web browser

Sometimes you can see files, yet are still not downloadable by others due to file permissions.
All sounds, materials and models downloading fine and working all files have permissions 644 and folders 755

I use -sv_pure 1 that i do for years now, my pure_server_whitelist.txt is updated then i use sm_downloader.smx (SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher) this is updated to, funny the problem come after i reinstalled my server from start and uploaded every thing again after compile all files and new races with SourceMod v1.7.3-dev+5303 no errors no warnings, i use linux debian and use a .sh script that chmod all my servers (i have 7) so all files and folders have the right permissions when updating my servers every night maybe compiling all files in war3source have broken something i dont know and downloading in the top of this page have not work for some time now so i have no change to get a clean version to check if compiling have broken some thing.
[+35]Jumpman

El Diablo

• View Profile
    • War3Evo
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 07:08:57 PM »
I'm sorry... I missing that your claiming a race is causing this issue. Remove that race and see of it was causing the issue.  That race isn't a supported race.  I am guessing that race is custom as I've not heard of it before.

If removing that race fixes it, then get with the race programmer for fixes.  If it does not, then remove all custom races and keep only war3source original races and see of the error goes away.

If your looking for us to fix an out dated custom race that you can't find a programmer for, please request it in requests section.  War3 Support is for official war3Source issues.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:18:47 PM by El Diablo »

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 02:01:57 AM »
I have deleted all custom races still have the same problem i give up, hope that Ownz soon fix the download links, i can PM him i get this message "User 'Ownz' has blocked your personal message."

in-game i try play the sounds with

sm_play @all war3source/tomes.mp3 (working)
sm_play @all war3source/ult_ready.mp3 (not working and after start to spam my console with Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ war3source\ult_ready.mp3 ]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:08:14 AM by Jumpman »
[+35]Jumpman

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 02:19:24 AM »
Hmm working now :-)

I deleted

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\sound\war3source\ult_ready.mp3
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\sound\sound.cache
[+35]Jumpman