Author Topic: Shadow hunter ult not working  (Read 679 times)

doctavio

• View Profile
    • Email
Shadow hunter ult not working
« on: May 25, 2016, 07:45:55 PM »
any ideas or fixes?

El Diablo

• View Profile
    • War3Evo
Re: Shadow hunter ult not working
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 03:12:08 AM »
Description "You are invulnerable from physical attacks for a duration"

You do understand that magic can still damage you while your using the ultimate, right?

Did you make sure your level is high enough for the ultimate?

Are you sure you are playing that race?

Try removing this code from that race and recompile of those you have checked does not work:
Code: [Select]
    if(RaceDisabled)
    {
        return;
    }

Try switching to that race and out of that race and them back again.  Then test the ultimate.

Make sure to test the ultimate in a non production server where gaming is not happening so other out side influences does not affect the outcome.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:14:03 AM by El Diablo »

doctavio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 04:54:35 AM »
The ult works but only for about 3 seconds no matter what I change the duration to on the code
 I want max duration to about 6 and it just won't change  I'm also having trouble with  Orc the skill states increases dmg of grenades and it works only a a crit made though. And soul reaper withering presense works but when i change map to breaks things are a mess lol.  Any help or or working files would be greatly appreciated  much love! 

abgar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 05:07:26 AM »
Shadow hunter's ultimate only last for 1.66 seconds at max by default.  Immunity to physical damage is a VERY strong skill, which is why it's duration is so low.  If you want to change it, you can change row number 55:
new Float:UltimateDuration[]={0.0,0.66,1.0,1.33,1.66};

The numbers reflect the duration at each skill level (1.66 seconds being max level).  However, if you make this longer, the race will very quickly become over powered, AND the change will be overwritten if you update your War3 Files.

Orcs Crit Nades are just that - a grenade is critical, and will increase the damage.  Not sure what else you wanted from this?

Soul Reaper looks like it might have a probelm with the Aura which may need fixing.

doctavio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 06:38:32 AM »
Thanks but what I'm saying is that even when I change the duration it still only lasts the 1.6 seconds and as far as the Orc I want to make nades always crit thank you :-)

El Diablo

• View Profile
    • War3Evo
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 12:12:50 PM »
Thanks but what I'm saying is that even when I change the duration it still only lasts the 1.6 seconds and as far as the Orc I want to make nades always crit thank you :-)

You have to make the change to the source code AND recompile it AND upload it to your server.

As far as always crits, that well require source code changes.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:14:23 PM by El Diablo »

doctavio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 12:53:55 PM »
That's what I'm saying I change it in the sp file compile it to smx and it changes nothing.  Any other changes I make to classes stick. Gotta be something else I'll play around with it after work.
Thanks for the responses fellas

doctavio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 04:24:34 PM »
Description "You are invulnerable from physical attacks for a duration"

You do understand that magic can still damage you while your using the ultimate, right?

Did you make sure your level is high enough for the ultimate?

Are you sure you are playing that race?

Try removing this code from that race and recompile of those you have checked does not work:
Code: [Select]
    if(RaceDisabled)
    {
        return;
    }

Try switching to that race and out of that race and them back again.  Then test the ultimate.

Make sure to test the ultimate in a non production server where gaming is not happening so other out side influences does not affect the outcome.
   There is several of those in the code when i remove them all it wont compile? which one should i delete

El Diablo

• View Profile
    • War3Evo
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 07:55:56 AM »
try to delete these lines first:

https://github.com/War3Source/War3Source/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/War3Source_006_ShadowHunter.sp#L161-L164

and

https://github.com/War3Source/War3Source/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/War3Source_006_ShadowHunter.sp#L195-L198

Personally, if you want to remove all of them through out the code, it should compile just fine.  Just make sure you include both brackets { } or it won't compile.

If you plan to completely remove all that code, you should delete this too: https://github.com/War3Source/War3Source/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/War3Source_006_ShadowHunter.sp#L20-L34 and anywhere you find the code I posted in my 2nd reply.

Other information:

I have a new system of War3Source, but it's only for TF2 which I'll release code for next month.   It has been revised to use "RaceDisabled" variable less and it allows races to declare private forwards they plan to use instead of always using forwards all the time like War3Source's Global forwards.

I do have a way to compile my version for CSS and CSGO, but it requires a special variable to be changed in the code and will compile ONLY for that game.   It will compile for TF2, CSS, CSGO, and FoF.   Just has to be compiled special for each game.  This allows it to be special for each game instead of running useless code in the background.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:12:59 AM by El Diablo »

doctavio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 10:01:21 AM »
Very nice but ya I removed all of them even the brackets and it won't compile so strange  but ya man keep up the good work it would be nice to get a version that works and can be edited. 

Cypher

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 02:26:56 AM »
Information can be brought to reality