Author Topic: too many decals  (Read 654 times)

Jumpman

• View Profile
too many decals
« on: May 25, 2016, 06:10:58 AM »
After i uploaded all sounds, materials and models i get this warning and server crash

Warning:  Table decalprecache is full, can't add materials/effects/fire_cloud1b.vtf
L 05/25/2016 - 14:05:13: Engine error: Host_Error: CVEngineServer::PrecacheDecal: 'materials/effects/fire_cloud1b.vtf' overflow, too many decals

How can i solved this problem ?
[+35]Jumpman

El Diablo

• View Profile
    • War3Evo
Re: too many decals
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 02:24:48 PM »
War3Source does not require materials or models.  If War3Source does call a material... It is usually a default that comes with the engine for your game and would not cause a error issue.

If your using plugins other than the original War3Source, then check with those plugin programmers.

To solve, figure out which plugin is causing it by removing War3Source first.  Then pick a plugin and remove it and run the server.  If you still have that error, then pick another plugin and remove it.  Then run the server, if you still have the error them keep doing this until the error is gone.  Once the error is gone, the last plugin you removed is causing you the issue.  You should then contact that plugin programmer.

If the error is gone by removing War3Source, then it might be a race or add-on that did not come with War3Source.

Overall, you need to figure out which plugin is causing you these errors.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:35:43 PM by El Diablo »

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 04:25:00 PM »
The error is gone by removing materials/decals folder and materials/sprites folder its not a plugin making this problem but this 2 folders.

Some races use ex. halo01.vmt this file is not in the cstrike\materials\sprites\ folder, but there is a file name halo.vmt i just look inside cstrike_pak_dir.vpk file

halo01.vmt is in hl2_ep2\materials\sprites\ folder so please explain to me how my engine can find this files or i just need to find another file from cstrike to get it to work ?

Only way i can see is to download this files from hl2_ep2 and upload them to my server but maybe this files making problems for me and not working in cstrike i just think this was not a problem be course a .vmt and .vtf must work to both engine i think just i put them in same folders ?

But thanks anyway for answer, i will try to delete this folders and files i uploaded to my server and see what my logs says when playing my races :-)
[+35]Jumpman

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 01:53:17 AM »
I remove sprites folder now my problem is gone, now i will test all the races to see if every thing is ok and working
[+35]Jumpman

Revan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 08:49:54 AM »
I remove sprites folder
don't do that.

what you should do is replace halo01.vmt with halo.vmt (war3source does this internally in War3_PrecacheHaloSprite)
#war3source on gamesurge

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 04:41:29 PM »
Thanks Revan

I use gcfscape to find out what belong to cstrike/halflife/csgo and saved these files in the folders i created by myself ex. materials/particle and materials/sprites so i can just remove this folders again this is not default folders when i downloaded new races but folders i vreated myself, so thanks for your answer :-)
[+35]Jumpman

abgar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 11:01:24 PM »
The game reads the files from the GCF File itself, so no need to extract them and then copy them.

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 12:35:44 AM »
Thanks abgar i found out of that when Revan answer me but thanks to both of you :-)
[+35]Jumpman