Author Topic: dev access  (Read 476 times)

Jumpman

• View Profile
dev access
« on: April 27, 2016, 12:21:58 AM »
How do i turn off dev access for my self, right now i can buy all races but should only be the first 4 races like all other players ?

[w3s/War3Source_Engine_PlayerClass.smx] Granted dev access to |Jumpman|
[+35]Jumpman

Revan

• View Profile
Re: dev access
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 01:24:57 AM »
I don't know if there are other cmds/cvars but you can definitely use "war3notdev" in your in game console and it removes dev access for your current session.
#war3source on gamesurge

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 02:20:24 AM »
Thanks working from console maybe i can set it in my War3Source.cfg or userconfig.cfg then i not need to write it every time i join my server :-)

Hmm thats not working damit would be nice i not need to write kill in console after i write war3notdev before it work

Do you think it will work from launchoptions ?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:28:56 AM by Jumpman »
[+35]Jumpman

Revan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 03:33:01 AM »
No, the command only works if you are connected to the server.
I'm not sure if it is possible to override "war3_dev_access" to remove access for everyone(that would remove dev access entirely).
#war3source on gamesurge

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 06:21:24 AM »
Tested with override not working either there is only one solution yours or i remove my (z) flag which probably is not that good.

Thaks for your time have a good day :-)
[+35]Jumpman

mart3h

• View Profile
    • evo.S//
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 10:56:52 AM »
I don't see why it's a problem tbh. On my server I just remember which races I've restricted on what maps and I know if I'm not a high enough level to pick a race. If you do select it, it will say something like 'you're not normally allowed to use this class but since youre a dev you can'. If I see that I switch to a class that is permitted. You could always give yourself every admin flag except for rcon (and root of course). That would leave you with almost all the commands you need and rid you of war3dev access ,unless you regularly use sm_rcon, but I don't know why you would.

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 12:36:14 PM »
You right i can do that, and yes it write something when you choose a race when you not have enough level.

Is becourse i use some commands in my adminmenu_custom.txt when we have fun days only for server administrator so our members not fuck up our servers all the time, but i cant just edit this access to t instede of z, a another thing it was also for testing that i set minlevel right and working for normal players.

ex.
Code: [Select]
"Throwingknives"
{
"Throwingknives Count"
{
"cmd" "sm_throwingknives_count @1"
"admin" "root"
"execute" "server"
"1"
{
"type" "list"