Author Topic: Block IP-leveling  (Read 1050 times)

Ben

• View Profile
    • Steam
Block IP-leveling
« on: May 13, 2015, 03:48:12 AM »
maybe we should block XP-Rewards when someone uses two steam-accounts? did anybody thought about that?

Revan

• View Profile
Re: Block IP-leveling
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 04:19:42 AM »
What if two players with the same IP will play on your server? let's say you want to play war3source on the server with your brother from your house == you both got the same IP or you use your phone to connect to the internet(same IP, multiple users?) or ....

You can't really do that.
#war3source on gamesurge

El Diablo

• View Profile
    • War3Evo
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 10:31:23 AM »
What if two players with the same IP will play on your server? let's say you want to play war3source on the server with your brother from your house == you both got the same IP or you use your phone to connect to the internet(same IP, multiple users?) or ....

You can't really do that.

I think he would like to do it just for that reason too.  Get your brother to help you xp farm.

It is possible to create a simple addon for that, but then you may pose a risk a destroying someone's fun and lose players.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:35:54 AM by El Diablo »

Necavi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 10:35:01 AM »
That would be entirely up to the server operator. We're not going to do something like that in a blanket fashion. Quite frankly it is such a common, legitimate use case that I don't believe that any server operators should restrict it even, for the good of their own playerbase. People on different IPs are just as likely to XP farm each other. If anything I would rather make a change to the XP to give diminishing returns to killing the same person repeatedly.