Author Topic: War3Source and CSGO  (Read 1709 times)

veggis

• View Profile
    • Email
War3Source and CSGO
« on: November 04, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »
I'm just wondering, how is the progress around war3source and CS:GO?
I know it pretty much works for it, tough without hl2 content.

Some of the default races have alot of bugs and doesn't really seem to be ready for csgo, I've been trying to patch up some of them but its really hard without the experience.

Are any of you actively playing and creating races for it?  :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:17:44 PM by veggis »

Necavi

• View Profile
Re: War3Source and CSGO
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 05:35:28 PM »
Everything should work, some communities run CS:GO war3source servers...but unfortunately they removed a LOT of stuff that is basically necessary for War3Source including a proper hintbox, invisibility and a few other things.

veggis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
I've seen some good servers, CEgamer is one of those. But the problem with most good servers is that they're overpopulated with donation races and stuff like that. I can def. see why, but it kills the fun for me.

thorgot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 09:25:19 AM »
There are currently three CSGO war3source servers which are usually populated. Those are sG (64.31.26.108:27015) which I code for, CEGamer (64.74.97.131:27015), and DivineW3S.ru (46.174.48.41:27245). The first two are American and the last is Russian. All have tons of custom races but had to make extensive changes for the mod to work well in CSGO. CEGamer has subscriber-only races, sG does not. I'm not sure about DivineW3s.

Here's a list of War3Source servers on CSGO, sorted by "rank" (average number of players): http://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/?search_by=server_variable&search_by2=a_war3_version&query=&loc=_all&sort=rank_world&order=ASC

You can see that after the first three, the server popularity falls off precipitously. I find gametracker is a better way to find populated servers than game-monitor because it updates much more reliably.

veggis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 03:54:15 AM »
There are currently three CSGO war3source servers which are usually populated. Those are sG (64.31.26.108:27015) which I code for, CEGamer (64.74.97.131:27015), and DivineW3S.ru (46.174.48.41:27245).

Cool! I'll check it out! Tough i must say, i wish there where more of the old WC3 races out there and not so much of the custom made stuff, but thats just me being picky :p !
It would be cool to read a race script made for csgo, just to see how to work around some of the changes.

I usually update War3Source, when I feel everyone can benefit from an advancement that has been tested on War3Evo and I feel would not be rejected by the War3Source community.

I agree! But is there any demands for csgo, yet? I'm no expert coder, but i feel valve kinda screwed the modding community with csgo. Atleast from what I've heard.

Necavi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 05:19:39 AM »
Anything that can be done for CS:GO has been done, go sign a petition to get HPE to fix shit.