Author Topic: [Whacky, Knife, Finished] Gul'dan  (Read 2642 times)

iNCRED

• View Profile
[Whacky, Knife, Finished] Gul'dan
« on: September 28, 2013, 07:23:33 AM »
First race I've created for War3Source, with alot of help from Remy Lebeau.

For any Warcraft fans (the RTS or MMORPG), you possibly know who Gul'dan is. No background as I'm not divulging the lore-geek inside of me (google helps, too).

Skill info's:

SKILL_CONFLAGRATE=War3_AddRaceSkill( thisRaceID, "Conflagrate", "Blast the enemy with fire and slow them", false, 4);
SKILL_IMM=War3_AddRaceSkill(thisRaceID,"Immolate","Set the enemy on fire and deal damage",false,4);
SKILL_HP=War3_AddRaceSkill(thisRaceID,"Fel Armor","Spawn with more HP",false,4);
ULT_CHAOSBOLT=War3_AddRaceSkill( thisRaceID, "Chaos Bolt", "Charge a large blast of chaos. The longer you charge, the more damage!", true, 4);

Knife race (as it says in thread title); possible similarities to RogueWizard -> long-race, casting-ability focused race. Does not have any resources to use abilities, thus cooldowns were (and I use this lightly) increased to compensate.

E.g. 15 seconds cooldown on 20 damage over 5 seconds AT MAX LEVEL (4/4). 10 second downtime on damage, essentially.

BALANCE ISSUE ADDRESS:
(a)It may be hard to level/hard to play starting out, as it is a knife race with no buffs (besides health) that contribute to killing (at level 1-5). At level 5, 1 knife stab + conflagrate level 3 + Immolate level 1-2 = guaranteed kill. Could be rectified by adding a small cooldown when an ability is used?

(b)It may be overpowered at max level -> guaranteed kill every 45 seconds (Chaos Bolt cooldown time), coupled with Conflagrate (25 seconds @ 35 damage). 3 second hold = 70 damage (CB) + 35 (Conflag) + 20 over 5 (Imm) as well as +40 hp.

Tested on my CS:S Dedicated LAN Server. Highly doubt that it works for TF2 (haven't begun to think about other games), or CS:GO for that matter (unless the same-ish includes are used :P).

Requires basic War3Source Mod to compile (and a compiler ;)), e.g. SDKTools, W3SIncs etc. Of course you probably all know that, but it doesn't hurt to add.

EDIT: I added a cooldown to the skills to avoid sprite spamming (I had a bit of fun a few days ago, and only just remembered about it).

Attached below :D.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:02:15 PM by iNCRED »

Ownz

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • chmod -R 777 *
    • View Profile
    • OwnageClan
Re: [Whacky][KNIFE][BALANCE ISSUE][CSS] Gul'dan
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 11:01:57 AM »
i think someone was requesting a knife race

iNCRED

• View Profile
Re: [Whacky][KNIFE][BALANCE ISSUE][CSS] Gul'dan
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 06:54:12 AM »
It has a knife.... if that fits the criteria :P.

It's mostly based around using the abilities to score kills, however. Every spell does client damage, so there's no ignite suicides (like RW fireball) from Immolate. All tested and works. I think I'm just reiterating what I said in the first post now :S.

mentaldepth

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: [Whacky, Knife, Finished] Gul'dan
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 05:47:42 AM »
csgo? I will try anyway and let you know.

iNCRED

• View Profile
Re: [Whacky, Knife, Finished] Gul'dan
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 01:01:29 AM »
csgo? I will try anyway and let you know.

Tested on my CS:S Dedicated LAN Server. Highly doubt that it works for TF2 (haven't begun to think about other games), or CS:GO for that matter (unless the same-ish includes are used :P).

I haven't gone near CS:GO, let alone downloaded it. Kudos to you if you would like to, and succeed in, modifying it and making it adaptable to CS:GO.