Author Topic: [Race][CSS] The Gambling Man  (Read 1923 times)

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
[Race][CSS] The Gambling Man
« on: November 24, 2012, 11:40:24 PM »
So after a few questions (thanks all for your help), and a number of changes to things, I've finally finished my first race!

While a lot of the code is borrowed (no need to re-invent the wheel), I feel like I've combined it in a new/novel way...

I haven't actually had a chance to test this race thoroughly yet (I'm on hols atm, so not updating my server), however it compiles ok, so figured I'd share it now.

Requires snapshot 880+ to compile / run.

A brief overview:

"Gamble with your health", "You have a chance of getting (+/-) health, regen and vampire (ability)", false, 5
"Gamble with your speed", "You have a chance of getting (+/-) run and fire speed (ability1)", false, 5 );   
"Gamble with your self", "You have a chance of getting (+/-) visibility, damage bonus, grav and evade (ability2)", false, 5 );
"Gamble at immunity", "If you're REALLY lucky, you'll be immune to bullets (or ultis or wards or skills)!\nUnlucky gamblers are set on fire and can't use shopmenu. (ability3)", false, 4 );
"Gamble for a weapon", "Anything from a knife to a machine gun (level up for more options) (passive)", false, 12 );
"Try the luckydraw", "You could get some GREAT +ultimates (fly, entangle, teleport)\nYou could get some BAD stuff (beacon, disarmed) (ulti)", false, 5 );

The idea is that EVERYTHING is a gamble... You might get the bonus FOR you, or you might get the bonus applied AGAINST you, it's all 50-50.  There are two modes to run this races.  The first is autogamble mode, where at the start of each round you automatically gamble on everything (it's 50-50 as to whether a particular ability will trigger, and then 50-50 within that as to whether it will be good or bad for you).  The second mode is manual, where you can choose which abilities to gamble on.  

As you level up, the stakes tend to get higher, either more or longer or stronger or more options.  There are quite a lot of buffs / abilities built into this, so I can't really be bothered describing all the possible combinations here!

* CHANGELOG *
- Added a game check to the weapon randomiser ability.  It will not load in TF2.

- Fixed a whole bunch of bugs.  
- Tested all abilities.  
- Implemented a client command that allows toggling between automated gambling of all skills on spawn, or manual gambling using +ability keys.
- Tidied up the client messaging.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:36:15 PM by Remy Lebeau »

iceman

• View Profile
Re: [Race][CSS] The Gambling Man
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »
we've had request for a race like this on tf2 maybe remove css weapon restrict and only 4 skills might give it a try

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »
I can easily enough add a game check to the weapons ability.  Is there a reason why you only want 4 abilities?  If I remove the weapons one for TF2, that leaves 4 abilities (ability-ability3) and 1 ultimate.

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 01:30:21 AM »
The weapons ability is now disabled for TF2.  It will be 4 abilities + ultimate.

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 05:36:42 PM »
Updated.  I spent a while testing it properly, and found a stack of bugs.  Hopefully they're all fixed!

Revan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 11:53:07 PM »
cool, I realy like the idea of the race it's something special :)
#war3source on gamesurge