Author Topic: Clan tag XP  (Read 19155 times)

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
Re: Clan tag XP
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 04:27:33 AM »
Thanks!  Do I need to enable the steam tools method somehow, or does the plugin auto detect that the extension is installed?

Revan

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2012, 05:11:03 AM »
It uses some sort of a priority system.
If you specify a groupID(aka war3_bonusclan_id is non-zero) it will check if the player is a member of the group, if not, the plugin will check if the player wears the clantag instead(if a tag was set).
If one of the criteria is met bonusXP/Gold will be granted
#war3source on gamesurge

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2012, 04:29:39 AM »
So I've installed steam tools (basically just uploaded the extension from https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=170630) - and added the following to my war3source.cfg:

war3_bonusclan_id 2414128
war3_bonusclan_xprate 1.1

(I used the link you provided to check this group's id http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Seven_Sins_Gaming)

However I get a message in chat that says: "Welcome Remy! Our clan name is War3 ..." (the default message).

Our clan tag has unusual characters in it, which means that if I try to set it via the clan name cvar, it doesn't work either.

Any ideas? in sm exts list I see Steamtools (0.8.3) loaded fine...

Revan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2012, 05:08:09 AM »
Please use 'war3_bonusclan' which gives information about your current group status.

It seems like the message displays even when steamtools groupID is set up correctly.
#war3source on gamesurge

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2012, 08:16:33 PM »
Thanks for the help.

After a bit of testing - I've found 2 bugs:

1) If you set a war3_bonusclan_id - the message saying "our clan name is War3" still pops up.  This should say "our clan TAG is XXX"

2) If you set a war3_bonusclan_id - a player will be shown as a member of that group (as long as they are in the group) irregardless of whether they are displaying the tag or not!  Is it possible to check for whether they are actually displaying the tag?

Revan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2013, 07:30:43 AM »
clantags only work for CS games. You need to make a decision between SteamGroups & ClanTags(or just use both).
If you want clantags then don't use 'war3_bonusclan_id' just set the clantag and you're fine with it.
If you want SteamGroups(NOT clantags, steamgroups just requires you to be in the group not to actually wear the clantag).
you can also use both at the same time(check if user is member of the steamgroup, if not, check if user is wearing the clantag).

Example:
war3_bonusclan_name ≈SSG≈
will give every player bonus XP/Gold who is wearing the Seven Sins Gaming clantag.

If you set bonusclan_id to something non-zero the plugin will also see if the player is member of the group and give him bonus stuff regardless if he's wearing the clantag or not.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:32:17 AM by Revan »
#war3source on gamesurge

Remy Lebeau

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2013, 01:53:22 PM »
ah - that makes sense (this is for CSS).

I'll try it that way with both enabled (to check it they are a member of the group + have the tag displayed).

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2016, 07:57:12 AM »
Is it possible to use 3 clan tags in war3_bonusclan_name og in war3_bonusclan_id

I have 7 servers we are 3 clans who have come together with the same server rules and same website and use the same database all of us, that will say ex. if you get banned on one clan server you will be banned on the 2 others clan server, all 3 clans have admin on each others servers therefore my question i need to set 3 clan tags og id up ?
[+35]Jumpman

Revan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2016, 01:47:07 AM »
Unfortunately, that's not implemented right now (but I see the need for it now).
I opened a issue to track this feature.
#war3source on gamesurge

Revan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2016, 05:09:59 AM »
@Jumpman
Do you mind testing this updated version of the plugin?
It should support multiple clan ids/names separated by comma.

Example:
war3_bonusclan_name "War3,War3Source" //all players with "War3" or "War3Source" as a clantag will benefit from the bonus XP/Gold.
(exactly the same goes for war3_bonusclan_id)

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to test it.
#war3source on gamesurge

Jumpman

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2016, 12:12:52 PM »
Thanks Revan, i will test it and confirm, but not today i just come home from fishing all days with my 2 boys :-)
[+35]Jumpman

madsrex

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2017, 03:23:01 PM »
does it work?? :D