Author Topic: Super-epic-boss-awmg  (Read 1707 times)

Vulpone

• View Profile
    • Email
Super-epic-boss-awmg
« on: November 20, 2011, 01:53:59 PM »
Sup,

currently working on a cool awesome event that turns one person into a boss.
The event is highly customizable using sh1tloads of menus. I have already finished the menus and am currently working on the first race.

Basically, my idea is to totally enhance the gameplay using a fun, unique and custom event. I will probably be developing this event until I'm really satisfied (which usually takes forever 8^D).

Despite the general feeling about Boss events, I think this will add a new and fun aspect to the game. But as with all things, it remains to be seen.

Anyhow, as I don't have all day to create additional bosses, I was wondering whether anyone out there is interested in creating one.

To anyone who wishes to do so, here's some guidelines:
  • The race must be extremely unique. Skills such as invisibility and leech will not be accepted.(I know that's hard, but look below.)
  • Every boss must come with a custom skin. There are many skins available (slow, techknow, elis and such). I will check for one if you do not want to.
  • Every boss race must be balanced. This is perhaps the hardest part out there. I realize that it's difficult to to do, but consider how this must be fair for all participants.
  • Remember this is about FUN. The players have to have a challenge and the Boss player should have fun as well!

Everyone's free to modify stuff as soon as I'm done.

As always, if you don't care for it, don't care for it. :-D

Cheers

PS: When I meant custom ideas, something like this is what I had in mind:
(Taken from my Boss "Rockarz The Wizard")
/**
 * Let's see..  The skills will be something like this.
 * Fires a magic ball filled with fire that explodes on collision,incinerating and pushing back nearby foes
 * Summon a mighty Beast to assist you.
 * Call forth a mighty storm that strikes down on your foes.
 * Turn the nearest foe into solid stone, rendering him completely immobile.
 * Heal yourself while pressing <A BUTTON>. You cannot move during that time and your sight is changed (screenoverlay)
 * more stuff coming soon!
**/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:00:32 PM by Vulpone »
Sapere aude!

Vulpone

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Super-epic-boss-awmg
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »
Delaying this. I am getting close to no free time at all - and when I do, I'm too tired to code a little.
But hey, no one can miss what they don't know. Just to clarify that I don't "not" care about this anymore.
Sapere aude!